Sid Waddell's top 20 quotes
With the sad passing of darts commentator Sid Waddell, MSN Sport remembers some of his best lines
- “There's only one word for that - magic darts!”
- “Bristow reasons . . . Bristow quickens ... Aaah, Bristow.”
- “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.”
- “When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer..... Bristow's only 27.”
- “That was like throwing three pickled onions into a thimble!”
- “He's about as predictable as a Wasp on speed”
- “Look at the man go, it’s like trying to stop a waterbuffalo with a pea-shooter”
- “The atmosphere is so tense, if Elvis walked in with a portion of chips, you could hear the vinegar sizzle on them”
- “Big Cliff Lazarenko's idea of exercise is sitting in a room with the windows open taking the lid off something cool and fizzy.”
- “It's like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline”
- “Well as giraffes say, you don't get no leaves unless you stick your neck out”
- “Under that heart of stone beat muscles of pure flint.”
- “He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave.”
- “That's like giving Dracula the keys to the blood bank”
- “He is as slick as minestrone soup”
- “This lad has more checkouts than Tescos.”
- “Even Hypotenuse would have trouble working out these angles”
- “Darts players are probably a lot fitter than most footballers in overall body strength.”
- “Phil Taylor's got the consistency of a planet ... and he's in a darts orbit!”
“There's no one quicker than these two tungsten tossers...”
Rest in peace Sid. You were the best in your field by far. The Bill McLaren of the Darts world. I'll miss your commentry and brilliant banter.
Your boots will never be filled.
“It's like trying to pin down a kangaroo on a trampoline”
Quality stuff from a legend of a person. R.I.P Sid.
legend is a term that is all too frequently used to describe someone who is not, but this guy was a pure genius and always brought a smile to my face when i watched the " arrows" on tv. its another gud un who has left us for a better place.
god bless you and your family.
Tottenham will use blood-spinning technique PRP to try to get Jan Vertonghen back to fitness in quick time.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:35, Views 6