Settled line-up a relief for Horner
Christian Horner has already confirmed his driver line-up for next season
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner has expressed relief at not being part of the sideshow surrounding the future of several drivers.
Three of Red Bull's rivals are embroiled in speculation regarding their line-up for next year, while Horner took the decision to re-sign Mark Webber earlier this season after the Australian was linked with Ferrari, and he will again partner Sebastian Vettel in 2013.
"Stability for us has always been important, and we made a decision pretty early on to maintain the same line-up," said Horner. "It's important for the team to know they have continuity in the design process as well. So I'm pleased we're not involved in the merry-go-round of discussions going on around driver seats at the moment."
It means Horner and his drivers can simply focus on the racing and attempting to retain the world titles currently in their possession.
Vettel managed to cut Fernando Alonso's lead in the drivers' standings to 29 points on Sunday after claiming victory - the 23rd of his career - in the Singapore Grand Prix.
Vettel took full advantage of Lewis Hamilton's gearbox failure on his McLaren on lap 23 when leading the race, a scenario that drew a degree of sympathy from Horner.
"It was a shame to see Lewis retire," said Horner.
"It's never good to retire when you are leading a grand prix, and we more than anyone over the last couple of years know how that feels.
"Nonetheless, it was a great performance by Sebastian, a timely win for him and the team to help us in both championships."