Updated: 09/08/2012 23:12 | By pa.press.net

Bolt strikes 200m gold

Usain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic title

Usain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic title

09/08/2012 22:58
I'ts not just the fact he's a brilliant athlete, It's the fact that this man is admiral for showing his true character when he stopped doing an interveiw ( all about him and his win ) and gave his respect for a fellow athlete by acknowledging their National Anthem.........now that's decency !  Much respect to you Usain Bolt !!

amazing feat

the best part is he is so calm and relaxed during the race

chats to everyone around

I admired the fact that he respected the national anthem stopping his interview ( though the interview continued with Yohan Blake) - Hats off to the legend

He has brought a whole lot of aura and expectation into the athletic events

10/08/2012 09:00

I understand that time is of the essence, however how rude and disrespectful it was af the BBC commentator to try and continue his interview with the Jamaican winners during the playing of the Kenyan anthem, thank goodness that Bolt et al with all their bravado still know when to show respect and good manners by turning away and lowering their heads!

10/08/2012 00:06
usain bolt top dollar...he is the one and only. just shows hard work pays off,  what a great sports man ......

can i just say to all these lonely hearts that keep posting on these sites....GET A F''KING LIFE
10/08/2012 08:53
Well done to all the Jamaican Athletes who have proudly represented Jamaica with pride and passion.

Its good to see Jamaica being talked about in a more positive light as oppose to the negativity we become so accustomed to. Normally when someone mentioned the word "Jamaica" they are normally referring  crime and all the negative influence that overshadows the beauty of this small caribbean paradise.

Whilst I am at it I just want to say I am over joyed for team GB and all our wonderful achievements.
10/08/2012 06:56
usain bolt, well what can i say? what a wonderful human being, a true olympian. well done my darling! it's not only the jamaicans that are proud of him but it seems the whole world is, as he is the most charasmatic, compassionate and the most caring person ever to grace us on the world stage. it truly is an honor just watching him, that's if you can keep up with the lightening bolt!!!!!
09/08/2012 22:16
Just the relay to go, another full house! Legend is over-used, with you it's under-used! Most popular man in sport, without a doubt! Not cocky or arrogant, never derogatory to his opponents,lights up stadiums the world over, a showman and entertainer. Athletics would be a duller place without him, and will be duller still when he hangs up his spikes. You make a lot of people proud. Keep going and break more records, a one off. Will get the biggest cheer, as he has done anytime he steps onto the track for the remainder of the games. Glad to see you run in my lifetime!
10/08/2012 08:25

Well done Bolt. You are the best. You have not only made your family proud but you have made all Jamaicans proud and I am sure you have inspired young Jmaicans to walk in your footsteps.

Again well done Bolt!!!

09/08/2012 23:16
Fantastic!!! At one point during the race thought he was going to come second! He didn't disappoint Well done to all three.
09/08/2012 21:58

He said he wouldn't consider himself a legend until he won the 200m.

Now... Usain Bolt you truly are a legend....Amazing result !!

09/08/2012 23:04
09/08/2012 22:23

They should have put our Harry up against him he would have give him a run for his money, ha ha. Joking apart. Many Congratulations Usain you are a true legend

10/08/2012 08:12
Welll done Bolt!! You are fast and BLOOD HELL YES, YOU ARE FIT ENOUGH!! lol!!!
10/08/2012 08:03

Amazing!!! Well done Jamiaca ;-)

Incredible, so many congratulations, My Hero!! Awesome. Truly- A LEGEND!
10/08/2012 08:35

Well done to others in the Jamaican team. So proud of all of you too.

10/08/2012 01:20

Bolt, you are top notch dude! Top notch!! A true legend. Such an amazing sprinter, you have transformed the sport not only because of your amazing talent but your outgoing personality and vibes... Nice to see you talking to the volunteers and meeting fans.. Bwoy, so proud to be Jamaican.. Bob Marley would be proud to see so many united through love of this man and sports.. One love..

Well done guys..

Roy Oxley I so agree with you.. Lonely hearts or whatever you call yourselves, this is not the place for selling yourselves.. Please. go pan di damn datings sites, i'm sure there are many around!!!

Bolt strikes 200m goldUsain Bolt secured the legendary status he craved by becoming the first man ever to win the Olympic sprint double twice in succession on an historic night in London.pa.press.net2012-08-09T23:12:332012-08-09T23:12:33Usain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt secured the legendary status he craved by becoming the first man ever to win the Olympic sprint double twice in succession on an historic night in London.Bolt's winning time of 19.32 seconds was outside his own world record of 19.19secs, and while millions would already consider him a legend for winning triple gold in Beijing and defending his 100m title here on Sunday, the Jamaican insisted he also had to retain his 200m title to achieve such status.The 25-year-old became the first man to win the Olympic sprint double twice in succession with another imperious performance, leading a Jamaican clean sweep ahead of 100m silver medallist Yohan Blake and Warren Weir - both of whom are just 22 - in second and third place respectively.After sealing the double-double, Bolt told BBC1: "This is what I wanted and I got it. I'm very proud of myself. I had a rough season, I came out here and I did what I had to do. We've been working hard all season. We pushed ourselves, we pushed each other and we're happy."Asked if he could have had a world record, Bolt added: "I think it was possible...but I guess I wasn't fit enough. I was fast but I wasn't fit enough."I came off the corner, I could feel the strain on my back a little bit so I was trying to keep my form, but I stopped running because I knew it wasn't going to be a world record. When I came off the corner I could feel it."It was hard. I really dedicated [myself] to my work, I know what London meant to me. I came here and I gave it my all and I'm proud of myself."I didn't get a world record - I really wanted to do it in the 200m - but I'm happy."Blake said: "Usain Bolt has been motivating me all season. Everything has been going good so far."Third-placed Weir added: "It's a great honour to come here and do what the country wanted, to get the top three. The love in London is very, very good."seo_keywordsOLY Athletics 200m Th21Usain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic titleUsain Bolt has successfully defended his 200m Olympic title