Updated: 24/06/2012 20:25 | By pa.press.net

Ennis concern over long jump

Jessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in Birmingham

Jessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in Birmingham

And she insists he recent struggles are not a worry.

24/06/2012 20:58
25/06/2012 08:33
                Yes, Jessica will get it right on the day.  Her own hard work will see to that.
Start your run up a bit further back, i`m sure with modern technics it should`nt be difficult.

24/06/2012 20:21
I think the Brownlee brothers will though.
25/06/2012 03:58
less time glamour modelling, more time training
25/06/2012 08:57
you wont win gold jessica.ul be lucky to win a medal
24/06/2012 19:45

I am sorry but i never thought she would get on rostrum in the games.

Ennis concern over long jumpJessica Ennis admits she needs to make changes to her long jump six weeks before she competes in the heptathlon at the Olympics after an error-strewn performance at the trials in Birmingham.pa.press.net2012-06-24T20:25:262012-06-24T20:25:26Jessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis admits she needs to make changes to her long jump six weeks before she competes in the heptathlon at the Olympics after an error-strewn performance at the trials in Birmingham.Ennis fouled three times and ran through twice as she struggled to get her run-up right at the Alexander Stadium. Her only clear jump of 6.27 metres saw her finish sixth, after impressive victories in the high jump and 100m hurdles on Saturday.On her last long jump display in Bedford earlier this month, four of her jumps were fouls, meaning she has now fouled seven of her last 12 jumps, plus run through twice.The 26-year-old said: "I don't know (what's wrong with the run-up). It was just not there, the rhythm was not right. It needs changing a bit because I'm just not comfortable. I don't know if I'm running quicker or a bit stronger, the runway's not suiting me at the moment."Generally when I jump I'm normally behind the board, I take off a lot behind the board. The last few competitions I've done a lot of no jumps which I don't normally do. I think it's definitely to do with my rhythm and the way I'm attacking the board. We've just got to go away and work on it a bit."The Sheffield athlete has a best this year in the long jump of 6.51m, a personal best, set when she broke the British heptathlon record in Gotzis with a world-leading points total last month.And she insists he recent struggles are not a worry."I don't think it's a major worry," she added. "Obviously I would have loved to compete better, but it's just another competition to show what I need to work on."I feel in good shape and everything's going well so it's just something that needs a bit more work."I'm planning to jump at Loughborough (on July 7) so I'll have another long jump which is good."seo_keywordsEnnis Birmingham Su17Jessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in BirminghamJessica Ennis competes in the long jump at the trials in Birmingham