Updated: 02/08/2012 07:37 | By pa.press.net

Jamieson wins breaststroke silver

Michael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke final

Michael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke final

01/08/2012 20:50
Go Team GB, you're amazing.  Well Done Michael for getting a Silver medal in the breast stroke.
01/08/2012 20:25
I know Michael supports Celtic and the race was shown on the big screen at Celtic Park before the match tonight.  Well done son, you did yourself and Scotland proud.
01/08/2012 23:21
Msn, you describe Michael Jamieson as 'the Scot' and 'the Scottish swimmer'. So do you likewise describe Bradley Wiggins or Heather Stanning and Helen Glover as 'English'? No, you never do; they're just 'British', right? Please stop writing in the existence of one nation and writing out the existence of another. Insulting and inconsistent reporting!
01/08/2012 21:41
Why would you advertise a dating website on a page dedicated to Team GB's latest Silver medal winner????????????????
01/08/2012 22:22

Michael Jamieson's a celtic fan and they put his swim on the big screens b4 tonights champions league qualifier it was a great touch by the club and a great performance by him :)

01/08/2012 22:12
Well done Dani. An Olympic Gold very well deserved. I am proud that my son trained at the same club as you with the same trainer who got you started.
02/08/2012 00:27

Congratulations to Michael Jamieson for his fantastic achievement tonight but lets not forget that the world is still an evil and corrupt place, what is this that has just happened today.

Hans Rausing, one of Britain's richest men, has been spared a jail sentence after he admitted preventing the lawful and decent burial of his wife Eva's body.

Rausing, who also admitted driving a vehicle while unfit through drugs, was given two suspended sentences for the offences after Judge Richard McGregor-Johnson told him his behaviour was "an illustration of the utterly destructive effects of drug misuse".

Police discovered the body of mother-of-four Mrs Rausing in an advanced state of decomposition after they arrested her husband - heir to the Tetra Pak millions - on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs on July 9.

A post-mortem examination established that she died on May 7 and had drugs including cocaine in her system, Isleworth Crown Court in west London was told.

Her decomposing body was found in a fly-filled room in their luxury London home hidden under a pile of clothing and bin bags which had been taped together.

The court heard that Rausing told police in a statement after his arrest: "I do not have a very coherent recollection of the events leading up to and since Eva's death. Safe to assure you that I have never wished her or done her any harm."

Rausing was given a 10-month prison sentence suspended for two years for preventing the lawful and decent burial of his wife. A second two-month prison sentence suspended for two years was imposed to run concurrently after he admitted a charge of driving while unfit through drugs.

Judge Richard McGregor-Johnson, the Recorder of Kensington and Chelsea, also ordered that he should undergo a two-year programme of drug rehabilitation with a requirement to be supervised by a probation officer during the same period.

Judge McGregor-Johnson said: "If ever there was an illustration of the utterly destructive effects of drug misuse on individuals and their families, it is to be found in the facts of this case.

"You and your wife had every material advantage imaginable, and for a time a happy family life. Your relapse into the misuse of drugs, together with that of your wife, destroyed all that."

Surely this is a murder case? anyone think any different?

01/08/2012 23:48
Chinese athletes on super drugs? Christ, the Yanks are paranoid! No wonder they take guns everywhere. Especially to schools and cinemas!
02/08/2012 10:38
I have one of the best breast stroke techniques but I didnt qualify for the Olympics. They told me that my type of breast stroke didnt qualify. :/
02/08/2012 01:51
02/08/2012 09:33
He won a medal so he is Scottish. If he had won nothing he would have been British. Typical Scots,.
02/08/2012 01:04

weel done michael bravo great scottish athelete ****

02/08/2012 00:10
Another Scotsman with a  medal. Well  done Michael. Team Scotland are doing well.
02/08/2012 01:29
It's good to see America winning lots of medals. Because they'll need all that gold to boost their **** economy!!!
01/08/2012 20:42
China at the top of the Medals table. get used to it Yanks. they are soon to be the world's number one superpower.
02/08/2012 01:41
Well done pal. Just a pity that you didn't wear a kilt to lift your medal. Maybe you should wear one in the closing ceremony just to proove that you are from Bonnie Scotland.
01/08/2012 20:31

Amazing!!!   Nathan Adrian won another GOLD for America in the pool!  He saw there was a Canadian on his tale and that gave him that motivation to push to victory GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!   Who was it that won a SILVER?

Jamieson wins breaststroke silverMichael Jamieson continued Britain's fine tradition in the breaststroke when he claimed a silver over 200 metres which saw the Scot produce the fourth fastest swim in this event in history.pa.press.net2012-08-02T07:37:392012-08-02T07:37:39Michael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson continued Britain's fine tradition in the breaststroke when he claimed a silver over 200 metres which saw the Scot produce the fourth fastest swim in this event in history.Jemma Lowe was sixth in the 200m butterfly final and the women's 4x200m freestyle relay were a creditable sixth but it was Jamieson who enjoyed the spotlight. The 23-year-old enjoyed a shoot-out down the final length with Daniel Gyurta which drove the Hungarian to set a new world record of two minutes 07.28 seconds, Jamieson just 0.15secs adrift.He said: "I knew I had a bit left after last night, I ran out of pool space a bit at the end there but I'm absolutely delighted with the silver. This result tonight is what I have prepared for for I don't know how many years."Jamieson added: "It's only in really the last 18 months it's become a target and not just a pipe dream. I think that's probably why I was quite calm before the race, there weren't too many nerves just excitement. I think that is because I had gone over it so many times in my head, I'd prepared for it in every way I could really."Bath team-mate Andrew Willis was eighth in 2:09.44 despite having qualified third in an English record of 2:08.47. "I would have liked to have gone quicker but it was just a great experience to have been in the race," Willis said. "Michael deserves it, I'm really happy for him. He's capable of great things and we've seen that today."Lowe's 200m butterfly final came immediately after Jamieson's medal ceremony. The crowd were still on a high as the Swansea ITC swimmer walked out to the blocks and gave her a raucous welcome. The 22-year-old had just squeezed into the final in eighth but she gave it a real go, turning third at halfway and battling down the final length to touch in 2:06.80.She said: "I am still a little bit disappointed that I didn't get my dream but I'm also happy that I made a final at my second Olympic Games. I've definitely got hopes for Brazil (2016 Olympics), I still feel quite young, so I've still got a lot to give, and see what the future brings."The women's 4x200m freestyle relay came away with a respectable fifth place in 7:52.37, with the United States winning in an Olympic record time of 7:42.92. The quartet comprised Caitlin McClatchey, Rebecca Turner and Jo Jackson, with Eleanor Faulkner replaced by Hannah Miley.Fran Halsall was similarly inspired by Jamieson as she qualified for Thursday night's 100m freestyle final. She said: "It's been fantastic and it really gives you a buzz, and having MJ in before me I was like, 'MJ can do it, I've got to keep it going for the team'."Amy Smith, though, was 14th in 54.28 so missed out on the final. James Goddard qualified for the final of the 200m individual medley. The Stockport ITC swimmer was joint seventh fastest in 1:58.49, although team-mate Joe Roebuck missed out in 11th.seo_keywordsGB swimming W22Michael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke finalMichael Jamieson finished second in the 200m men's breaststroke final