Updated: 04/08/2012 06:50 | By pa.press.net

Murray can't stop smiling after win

Andy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medal

Andy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medal

04/08/2012 08:04
A great match, thrilling tennis of the highest quality from both players. Well done Andy for winning & all the best for Sunday!
04/08/2012 08:55
Well done Andy------good luck for tomorrow
Andy Murray can feel so proud of what he has achieved this past month - he is our greatest player of all time - the ATP tour is relentless and to play this standard of tennis at home in the UK is testament to his commitment and dedication to his sport.  He always strives for perfection in every tournament he plays in and I am so happy for him. Also on another positive, many others now know and appreciate just what a really nice man he is. I really hope that in this Olympic final his will reap his just reward.
04/08/2012 10:42
Rita. A refreshing comment. I watched the game from warm up to the final fist in the air and can honestly say that Andy Murry was at the best I`ve seen him.
So now perhaps we can put to bed the myth of him being Anti British?
 Albeit a waste of money being the whole thing!
The billions being spent could have financed better and more needy causes!
04/08/2012 10:36
 He was awesome! Some of the best tennis I`ve seen.(both players!)

04/08/2012 11:20

Andy you made us proud .......

if you win silver or gold matters not

WE salute you

04/08/2012 11:07

Andy just needed this tournament to really understand how good he is.

I do not play tennis but it seems that playing at Wimbledon gives Andy more stress and does not allow him to play his best.

Well, he has now because as he so rightly says "I know that winning a silver medal feels really good" and feeling that way will make him more relaxed and give that extra finesse (that he has got) to his play.

Maybe,just maybe,Andy MURRAY has realised that, money,is not the only reward or motivation to win.

It's a double-edged win for Andy,he's won against his nemesis & he's in line for a possible gold medal.

Being really positive,is what matters,good luck Andy,conquer your doubts  & victory is within your grasp.

Murray can't stop smiling after winAndy Murray will play Roger Federer for the Olympic gold medal on Sunday, and he cannot take the smile off his face.pa.press.net2012-08-04T06:50:392012-08-04T06:50:39Andy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray will play Roger Federer for the Olympic gold medal on Sunday, and he cannot take the smile off his face.The 25-year-old was roared on to a stunning 7-5 7-5 victory over Novak Djokovic in the semi-finals of the men's singles on Centre Court to set up a rematch of last month's Wimbledon final. Murray wept as he soaked up the adoration of the crowd and then leapt into the air in celebration of one of his finest wins and finest performances.The Scot, who is now guaranteed at least a silver medal said: "The atmosphere was unbelievable, different to anything I've played in before and I've played in some big matches. Night matches at the US Open everybody says is the best atmosphere but it's not even close to what it was."He went on: "It's one of the biggest matches of my career, one of the biggest wins of my career and one of the most emotional. I was so, so happy to win."You don't see me smiling that much but I haven't stopped smiling since I came off the court. Even afterwards, all the volunteers were so pumped, so happy, all the people around outside, it's just so different to what we normally experience in tennis. I think in terms of just enjoyment, it's probably the most fun I've had at a tennis tournament."It was the day the Olympic tennis tournament really came alive, with Murray's victory coming in the gloaming because of Federer's titanic 3-6 7-6 (7/5) 19-17 win over Juan Martin Del Potro earlier in the day.The world number one will present a formidable obstacle in the final, of course, particularly with the format changing to best of five sets.There would be a certain irony if Murray were to win a title on Centre Court that was not Wimbledon, having spent so long trying to break his grand slam duck, but it would definitely not be second best for the Scot.He said: "Before this tournament I would have said within tennis winning a grand slam is the most important thing you can do in your career, but within sport a gold medal is the pinnacle and, after what I experienced, it would be right up there with anything else I could achieve in tennis."I don't know how I would feel if I won gold but I know that winning a silver medal feels really good and losing a grand slam final feels terrible."seo_keywordsOly Murray Qs F22Andy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medalAndy Murray is now assured of at least a silver medal